Between Island Community Farms and our Composting incubation project, there are some items we could always use more of:
- Garden tools – rakes, shovels, trowels, forks, hoes, watering cans, etc
- Wheelbarrows or garden carts, or a trailer for compost pickups
- Cardboard – we use this as sheet mulch to smother weeds before planting in areas we don’t want to till – we’re not always collecting, and don’t have a place to store large quantities, so please check before dropping it off that we’re in active gathering mode
- Power tools – If you have a tiller, brush mower or other power equipment that you’re no longer using and would like to get rid of, please, let us know!
- Planks or boards for raised beds – Untreated wood only, please. Cedar or other rot-resistant wood preferred!
- Barn doors, decking, or windows for the shed – We would like to build our shed with reclaimed materials if possible, so we are looking for 3 small to medium sized barn doors, several windows and about 400 square feet of deck planking